October marks the 20th anniversary of the historic passage of UNSCR 1325, which set forth a framework mandating women’s meaningful inclusion in peace processes. To celebrate this landmark anniversary, and remind governments of their responsibility to the Women, Peace and Security agenda, the Korea Peace Now! campaign is hosting a roundtable on the role of women in advancing peace on the Korean Peninsula. This event will be in English and Korean.
- Madeleine Rees, Secretary General, WILPF
- Suzy Kim, Professor, Rutgers University
- Hyun-Sook Lee, Honorary representative, Women’s Forum for Peace and Diplomacy
- Christine Ahn, Executive Director, Women Cross DMZ; International Coordinator, Korea Peace Now!
- Ambassador Youngsook Cho, ROK Ambassador of Gender Equality
To register, click here.