Will you be joining us in D.C. for the July 27 Korea Peace Action? ✊
We hope by now you have made plans to join our Korea Peace Action // National Mobilization to End the Korean War in Washington, D.C.! This historic convening, from July 27-28, will bring together a remarkable coalition of Korea peace supporters for a Day of Action, followed by a one-day conference at George Washington University.
With the Korean War Armistice now approaching its 70th year, the ongoing war continues to take a devastating toll on the people living on the Korean Peninsula, as well as those in the United States suffering under the military industrial complex. Recently, the United States deployed a nuclear-powered submarine to South Korea, heightening the risk of nuclear conflict. That’s why we’re calling on all of you to join us in Washington this summer for what will be an unforgettable, historical gathering. You can see the full schedule on our event website, but a few highlights include:
-A congressional media briefing with Peace on the Korean Peninsula Act (H.R.1369) champions
-A special strategy session with our 30 Under 30 multidisciplinary young Korea peace advocates
-A conference featuring , including:
- Kee Park, M.D.: Harvard University Dept. of Global Health & Social Medicine
- Dan Leaf: retired Air Force Lieutenant General, former deputy commander, Indo-Pacific
- Jennifer Deibert: DPRK Program Director, American Friends Service Committee
- Joy Gebhart: divided family member
- Ann Wright: retired Army Colonel, Veterans for Peace
- Siegfried Hecker: Professor of Practice at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey and at Texas A&M University
- Rick Downes, Executive Director, Coalition of Families of Korean & Cold War POW/MIAs
Now that you know what we’ve planned, we’re sure you’re wondering how to join us! The first step is to register via the Korea Peace Action website, then go to the Schedule page to find the RSVP links for limited-capacity events (Unbind Your Heart grief transmutation ceremony and the 7/28 conference at George Washington University. You can also register to watch the 7/28 conference online).
We’ll be waiting for you in Washington with open arms!
The Korea Peace Action organizing team:
Christine Ahn, Echo, Cathi Choi, Jungwon Kim, Colleen Moore, Kathleen Richards