Register today! 70th Anniversary of the Armistice on the Korean Peninsula
The date is fast approaching for our, July 26-28, in Washington, DC. If you’re not able to make it in person, you can watch the livestream of our conference “70th Anniversary of the Armistice on the Korean Peninsula,” which will feature notable historians, key military and denuclearization experts, members of divided families, peace activists, and humanitarian workers discussing the prospects and challenges of ending the Korean War with a peace agreement.
- It’s not too late to join us in Washington, DC, for the national mobilization! Register here.
- If you’re coming to Washington, be sure to RSVP for the conference, as space is limited. Reserve your spot here.
- If you cannot come to Washington, we will livestream the conference via Zoom. Register here to watch online.
Here is the full schedule for the conference:
- Linda Yarr, Director of Partnerships for International Strategies in Asia, George Washington University
- Christine Ahn, Women Cross DMZ Founder and Executive Director
- Bruce Cumings, Center for East Asian Studies, University of Chicago
Panel 1: Human Costs of Unending War: 10:10am-11:30am
- Kee Park, M.D., Harvard University Department of Global Health and Social Medicine
- Joy Gebhart, divided family member
- Rick Downes, Executive Director, Coalition of Families of Korean & Cold War POW/MIAs
- moderated by Jennifer Deibert, DPRK Program Director, American Friends Service Committee
Panel 2: Peace to Prevent Nuclear War: 1pm-2:20pm
- Dan Leaf, retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant General
- Siegfried Hecker, nuclear scientist, former Director of Los Alamos National Laboratory, Professor of Practice at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey and at Texas A&M University
- Ann Wright, retired U.S. Army Colonel, Veterans for Peace
- moderated by Ji-Yeon Yuh of Northwestern University
Closing remarks: 2:20pm
- Cathi Choi, Director of Policy and Organizing at Women Cross DMZ
We hope you can join us for this important event either in-person or virtually.